Are you worried about losing your home because you have fallen behind on mortgage payments or property taxes? Oceana’s Home Partnership offers help in the form of MSHDA certified counselors that will come alongside you with education and support to help you make the best decision for your family at no cost.
Time is critical with any pending foreclosure and the sooner we get started, the more we can do to help.
If you are behind on the property taxes or mortgage on your principal year-round residence please contact us at (231) 873-2222. Our certified housing counselor will come alongside you and serve as your advocate. We will provide information regarding the foreclosure timeline, discuss the options available to you, assist with creating an action plan, refer to community resources, and apply for help that might be available.
To get started we would need a completed OHP Application for Assistance, MSHDA Household Profile andRelease of Information (signed by all adult household members), the Budget Sheet, and the Asset Worksheet along with the following supporting documents:
We recognize that foreclosure can be a daunting situation, we want to commend you for taking the first step in getting help.
- Proof of income: pay stubs for the last 2 months, social security award letter, or profit/loss statement (if self employed)
- Bank Statements for last two months
- Mortgage statement
- Copy of Warranty Deed and legal description of property
- Tax returns for the last 2 years
- Proof of monthly expenses, such as car payments, insurance, credit cards, etc.
- All correspondences received from Mortgage company or County Treasurer
- Hardship letter with a brief explanation of circumstances that resulted in your housing emergency
Application packets can be faxed (231) 873-2223, mailed, or dropped off in person at our office.
Making Home Affordable- Request for Modification (RMA)
Making Home Affordable- How to fill out RMA Tutorial (YouTube Video)
Tax Form (4506T-EZ)
Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac-Uniform Borrower Assistance Form (710)